Team Coordinator, Commercial Operations
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
Capitol Music Group is looking for a Coordinator of Commercial Operations to be a part of the Caroline/Capitol Marketing Team located in Hollywood, CA who will coordinate key aspects of operational and administrative deliverables related to commercial marketing. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the Director of Commercial Operations
- Team Support: Provide support across all aspects of the Commercial Marketing Team as it pertains to meeting scheduling, meeting notes, task assignments and follow ups
- Asset Collection: Provide support in the collection and organization of marketing assets needed for pitches
- Hit List/Priority Forms: Update weekly DSP facing communications forms for priority content
- Smart Link Creation: Collect and distribute affiliated links to digital teams to be used for Linkfire
- Coop Marketing: Fastrac processing for 3rd party label coop retail marketing
- Contact Database: Organize and manage the marketing/commercial contact database which powers numerous communications across the marketplace
- Target Tracker Report: Weekly update of physical orders vs goals communicated to partners
- Task Tracker: Help organize the team across all projects with track key deliverables using ASANA
- Retail Account Support: Supporting both Retail and Indie retail commercial leads on key deliverables and reporting, including promo mailings, solicitations, in-store events, etc.
- Project Invoicing/budgeting: Work with finance and marketing partners to route PO and invoicing information
- Label Meetings: Be available for all label meetings to act as a sounding board and strategist.
- Label Relations: Available during negotiations as it relates to marketing strategy and label relations. This role is generally the first point of contact after a deal has been signed so that marketing plan development and marketing strategy can begin immediately to maximize timelines.
- Caroline "branding"/visibility: Act as a "face" to Caroline, maintaining a presence at concerts and events.
- Product Page Setup: Set up and monitor Amazon product pages for all physical pre-orders and releases
- Bi-weekly Pre-Order Report: - Communicate advanced sales every Monday and Friday
- Artist Accommodation Orders - Manage communication between management, Live Nation Tour Marketing and UMG Label teams for all tour and D2C orders
- Master Hit List - Compile all digital release info for music, videos and pre-orders to send to commercial partnership account teams
- Amazon Non NR Playlist Submissions - Submit non-new releases to Amazon on a weekly basis to coincide with key synchs as well as shifting label priorities
- Target Channel Red Submissions - Collect video and audio assets to be uploaded and sent to Target to be used in stores throughout the US
- New Release Physical Set Up - Collect all physical release information to be organized and sent to UMG release teams.
- Attend the Capitol Production Meeting - Act as a representative for the Capitol Sales team
- Creative Banner Requests - Communicate with creative team for digital banners, physical billboards, various specialty album art (i.e. Target exclusive artwork)
- Beatport Submissions - Submit any tracks being serviced to Beatport
- SoundCloud Submissions - Submit specific tracks to SoundCloud to be in front of the paywall
- Spotify Google Drive - Update the Spotify exclusive Google drive for priority Capitol releases
- Track delivery status - Monitor album/single deliveries via RWS & flag with production if there are any issues
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Music or entertainment experience is required
- Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
- Advanced level artist relations and/or third party distribution experience in a consumer-focused 3+ years' experience in music industry marketing
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.