Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented systems engineer to help achieve our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket. The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical excellence in developing engineering processes and tools. This position is ideal for multidisciplinary engineers looking to make a broad impact in a small, high-performance team.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
As a founding member of the systems engineering team at Relativity, you will lead the development of the Relativity’s engineering processes and tools to enable the design, development, and flight of the Terran 1 launch system. Additionally, you will help build an outstanding vehicle engineering organization at the cutting edge of commercial aerospace.
Projects and responsibilities could include any or all of the following:
- Establish and evolve engineering processes and tools through all phases of the product lifecycle
- Provide engineering expertise to identify opportunities, conduct trades, and resolve technical issues across functional boundaries
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop system requirements and verification plans in a dynamic environment
- Create and maintain architecture, operations concepts, requirements, and interface control documentation
- Support design, integration, and test between the various engineering disciplines
- Develop configuration and data models for Terran 1 and leverage team resources to complete vehicle design
- Manage the maturation of launch system design by developing internal standards and facilitating technical reviews
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead projects to completion. You are experienced in working across engineering disciplines to produce effective output and drive decisions at the interface of engineering systems. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects across the product lifecycle while collaborating effectively with a broad technical team
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field at 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience performing systems engineering and integration for complex vehicles
- Experience solving complex problems with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in modern systems engineering practices and tools
- Demonstrable written and oral communication skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 7+ years industry experience
- Hands-on experience in the design, integration, test, and operation of space vehicles
- Experience in taking an aerospace product from concept to production
- Experience developing and deploying systems engineering applications and enterprise software
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.