At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
We are looking for an energetic and detail-oriented Sustainability Manager to help build out and drive adoption of our company’s core sustainability and impact offerings. Products and services include sustainability and carbon analysis, integration of the flagship Aspiration Impact Measurement (AIM) offering, along with our corporate-focused reforestation, carbon offset/credit and other sustainability focused products and services. This position will report to the Head of Sustainability.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Work with corporate partners to develop carbon strategy and develop internal capability to execute on carbon/GHG intensity measurement of operations using accepted industry standards (either manually or via tools, built w/Product)
- Help communicate Plant Your Change, AIM and other sustainability offerings to businesses and partners
- Coordinate Aspiration’s sustainability report development and best practices
- Work to implement and improve AIM metric and other products & services including Plant Your Change and Planet Protection, with both internal Product and external teams
- Develop and ensure operational excellence around regular updates of sustainability metrics and reporting, internally and externally
- Develop dashboards and metrics to track and report success, at the corporate level, the individual customer level and at the customer population level
- Manage day-to-day sustainability aspects of our B2B relationships
- Work on reporting & coordination with Finance, Ops, ACE, Marketing/BD to ensure the teams have what they need
- Manage AIM & Conscience Coalition (CC) partnerships day to day, working with Marketing/BD
- Stay current and update team on industry sustainability initiatives and standards, e.g. SASB, GHG, GRI and UN SDGs
What You'll Bring
- 2-5 years experience in ESG/sustainability field
- Familiarity with metrics & frameworks for sustainability, e.g. SASB, GHG Protocol, UN SDG
- Self-starter, get things done attitude with the ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work with, inspire and energize others, internal and external
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced growth-focused environment
- Exceptional analytical/quantitative experience in Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Technical sales support
- Fast-growing company experience
- Familiarity work with analysis/reporting tools like Looker or Tableau
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description