Supply Chain Manager at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first fully 3D printed rocket and the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
The Supply Chain Organization is responsible for sourcing the goods and services required to design, build, test, and fly rockets. Our team closely partners with functions across the enterprise to develop, implement, and monitor supply chain tactics and strategies that create a competitive advantage for Relativity Space. We’re a strategic function that will play a key role in scaling Relativity’s technology and business, so we’re looking for highly-skilled humans who are eager to challenge the status quo and build supply chains for the future. In this role as a Supply Chain Manager, you’ll be responsible for identifying supply chain problems/requirements and developing robust strategies and solutions that are closely aligned to our overarching strategy.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Build deep supply market expertise and continuously monitor market conditions for upcoming challenges and/or opportunities.
- Develop and implement advanced supply chain strategies that create a competitive advantage for Relativity Space.
- Manage supply chain activities from design release/requirements gathering to receipt of goods/services - sourcing, negotiating, contracting, planning, ordering, delivery monitoring, supplier management.
- Create analytical models and tools to enable data-driven decision making (e.g., should cost models, forecasting models, material requirements planning tools, demand forecasts, value stream maps, etc.).
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Support enterprise-wide initiatives such as business process creation, technology implementations, sourcing playbooks, etc.
To be successful in this role, you must be a self-starter who can thrive within an ambiguous, fast-pace environment. You have experience working cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, and Legal teams. You’ve demonstrated the ability to develop and implement advanced supply chain strategies that drive results in cost reduction, delivery improvement, and quality enhancement. Most importantly, you possess a positive attitude, a growth mindset, and a strong desire to solve hard problems.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management and/or Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in a supply chain, operations, or manufacturing engineering role in a fast-pace manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing end-to-end supply chain activities; from sourcing to planning to supplier management.
- Superb analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills (even at warp speed).
- Clear communicator and strong negotiator.
- Extreme motivation to constantly learn and self-improve.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ERP (SAP, Oracle, Infor, etc.), and business intelligence tools (Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.).
- Willingness to travel 10%+.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management and/or Engineering.
- Technical skills such as SQL, VBA, low-code/no-code application development, JIRA, etc.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) sourcing experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: fast fashion, aerospace, automotive, consumer technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.