Strategic Advertising Operations Manager
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Strategic Advertising Operations Manager will be responsible for supporting the Ad Operations group and our OEM clients in executing and monitoring the online advertising programs of Edmunds.com. This individual will work with designated Edmunds.com Account Directors (Sales Representatives) to ensure flawless campaign planning, execution, billing, and reporting as well as provide optimal client service support. The Account Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for client inquiries and requests pertaining to site advertising.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate all operational efforts for post launch campaign management activities inclusive of asset collection, creative approvals, template development, QA, contract entry, and order fulfillment.
- Communicate and deliver ad specifications to Media contact at Agency. Validate all creative submissions adhere to Edmunds.com Advertising specifications and are strictly enforced.
- Monitor and Analyze campaign performance, delivery, and pacing.
- Develop optimization strategies to increase and improve Edmunds.com advertising product delivery and performance
- Audit, isolate, communicate and resolve any advertising counting discrepancies
- Communicate cross-functionally with client and internal departments to ensure timely launch of campaigns
- Finalize and accurately report monthly billing to Finance via ad operations system
- Manage and support operational aspects of Programmatic Direct buys
- Accuracy is of utmost importance since mistakes have a direct impact to our revenue. Focus and relentless attention to detail are critical to the success of this position.
- Looking for a candidate that does whatever it takes to get the job done and has a strong sense of urgency and good work ethics. We have tight timelines to activate orders and every day loss has an implication to revenue. Must be able to work in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines.
What You Need:
- 2-4 years of work experience in online advertising, project management, or a production/coordinator type of position
- Preferred candidates will have knowledge of DFP, Operative and an overall understanding of online advertising (metrics, serving solutions, etc.), and a basic understanding of accounting/billing a plus
- Experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must
- Operations focused with direct experience in the Internet and/or Advertising industries
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with multiple internal and external departments
- Extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to manage several tasks at once
- Able to work independently, generate new campaign and product ideas, understand the business process and work in a team environment
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.