We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Routing team, you will be responsible for architecting a routing system that powers our carrier network and moves thousands of pallets daily in an efficient way.
The ideal candidate for this position is an Engineering Manager with a heavy focus on product thinking. The freight industry is very old and many areas of the fulfillment process are built around outdated technology. This presents a great opportunity for someone with a strong understanding of the capabilities of modern technology and fresh eyes to come in and reshape the industry. We have assembled a world-class team of people who fit that description and if you think that’s you as well, then please join us in leveraging our unique marketplace structure, enormous trove of data, and cutting edge research to provide a world-class service for businesses across the nation.
What you’ll get to do
- Identify and solve strategically important problems and improve inefficiencies in our delivery process
- Design dispatch strategies to get shipments allocated to the best driver by leveraging real-time driver locations, vehicle capacities, time constraints, and more
- Design a system to do route optimization at scale, allowing us to unlock major efficiencies by pooling shipments together to provide fast and on-time deliveries for our customers
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of overall experience, 2 years in leadership
- Experience architecting dispatch or routing systems in a marketplace environment at scale
- Ability to thrive with minimal guidance on open-ended problems
- A curious and open-minded attitude and a willingness to question every aspect of our operations to constantly raise the quality of our service
- Ability to communicate and present complex information to both technical and nontechnical coworkers with ease
Technologies we're working with
Salary, Benefits & Perks
- Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401k (4% company match)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description