Stack Rotational Program
As a Stack 2018 University Graduate Program participant, you will spend one year on four teams of your choice, building your leadership and business acumen through a challenging, fun and fast-paced rotational experience. You will get a holistic view of the company through cross-business and cross-functional positions and participate in development opportunities, including, but not limited to: mentoring, exposure to executives, training and hands-on application.
What You’ll Do:
- Absorb. Be fully immersed in a fast-paced and profitable start up! Dive in and have the opportunity to contribute to multiple teams across the company.
- Contribute. Have meaningful input on projects across the Business Development, Sales, Operations, Merchandising, Marketing and People Operation Teams.
- Learn. See what it's like to work in Silicon Beach. Network. Try new things. Gain valuable insights into media and e-commerce. Have fun!
There are six critical areas to find impact within our growing business: Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Merchandising and People Operations. From day one, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale.
- Business Development - The Business Development team builds and leads a global partner ecosystem that include partnerships across the spectrum of 750+ Publisher Partnerships, such as CNN, The Next Web, The Daily Beast, and Mashable. We partner closely with Stack Revenue Teams, such as Sales, Marketing Legal and Analytics. You will be identifying potential partnerships with online publishers as well as own the execution and development of StackCommerce’s overall business development strategy. This will include building and managing a pipeline of qualified publisher partners, internal projects, and evaluating new business models and deal structures to help grow our reach.
- Sales - Our Sales team pioneers company growth by closing the best deals on the latest and greatest products and services. The team of is made up of dedicated leaders who identify innovative and fruitful leads in each of our categories and negotiate the lead to be the best possible price for our customers. Our Sales team works closely with Finance, Analytics, Business Development, Merchandising and Operations. You will assist senior executives in a variety of functions to set our strategy and drive key business initiatives. You will be responsible for qualifying, prospecting, and selling potential partners for our O&O Sites. The role is a high‐activity position focused on maximizing the number of well‐qualified sales leads. You will get to source the coolest techie products on the web from drones to VPNs.
- Marketing - Our Marketing team drives business growth through rapid experimentation and data insights, as well as traditional customer retention techniques. We’re responsible for understanding the end-to-end customer funnel to optimize monetization opportunities and grow partnerships. We work closely with many teams, including Business Development, Sales, Analytics and Operations. In this role you will need to be specifically passionate about retaining existing users by demonstrating knowledge of marketing and growth tactics that will help us improve renewal and engagement metrics.
- Operations - Our Operations team includes, Product and Deal Production, Graphic Design, Content, Customer Support, and Supply Chain Management. We help to develop, optimize, and control all operational capabilities across the company, our vendors, publishers partners and customers. Our team is tight-knit and you’ll have the opportunity to engage with every team in the organization and help to ensure effectiveness of overall logistics, vendor management, customer satisfaction and internal day-to-day operations.
- Merchandising - The Merchandising team is responsible for driving business priorities by optimizing product performance. Marrying together data + design, our day-to-day responsibilities include assortment approval, pricing strategies, promotional planning, and product placement. We are utility players, working closely with the Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Production, and Customer Service teams. As a part of our team, you’ll be responsible for identifying high potential products, developing product strategies, and encouraging customer behavior.
- People Operations & Culture - Our Human Resources team focuses on Recruiting, People Analytics, Culture and Events. We track employee happiness, engagement, and focus on retaining happy and healthy employees. Our purpose is to maintain a safe, inclusive and friendly environment, while pioneering new and exciting ideas to help us continue to be the best place to work in Silicon Beach! You will help us plan events, develop and implement new programs, and help recruit the best of the best to join our team by helping us at career fairs, networking events and meetups.
- Educated. BA/BS from top-tier school with 3.0 GPA or higher, graduating May 2018.
- Experienced. Proven track record with previous positions or internships.
- Analytical. Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Experience with Excel is a must, Google Analytics a plus.
- Tech Guru. Strong familiarity with e-commerce, tech and lifestyle products, as well as an array of Social Media platforms.
- Organized. Highly organized with the ability to juggle several things at once and prioritize time-sensitive projects.
- Dedicated. You go above and beyond because you are driven to succeed. You make educated, logical decisions but also know there’s a time for trusting your intuition, vision and heart.
- Detail-Oriented. You strive for perfection in everything you do.
- Teachable. You enjoy learning and are ready to be pushed out of your comfort zone.
- US Citizenship. Please note, to be considered for participants, US work authorization will be required to move forward in the interview process. H-1B visa sponsorship will not be available for consideration at this time.
Benefits + Perks:
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons
- Beach Equipment: Stand Up Paddle Boards, Surf Boards, Corn Hole, Racquets and more!
Compensation + Start Date:
- Compensation: This is a paid, hourly position
- Summer program: June 4, 2018
- Winter Program: January 2, 2018
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 4.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.