What if you could use your engineering skills to develop a solution that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Manager, Security Operations to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically under-served industry.
As a Senior Manager, Security Operations on our Security Engineering team, you’ll lead a group focused on the purple team, SECDEVOPS, and application security within Procore’s Product and Technology department. You’ll partner cross-functionally with our Platform, Applications, Infrastructure, IT Security, Compliance, Product, Legal, and Internal Audit teams to translate our customers’ voice into user needs and platform enhancements.
This position will report to the Sr Director, Security Engineering, and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, Austin, TX, or our New York, NY office. Remote candidates will be considered with experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Manage and empower a distributed team by providing professional development, feedback, and mentorship for technical decision making
- Oversee Security Operations, including the purple team, SECDEVOPS, and Application Security
- Work in collaboration with SRE and IT Network and Security Operations to refine a unified incident response process, complete with performance metrics and post mortems
- Oversee security assessments, including penetration tests of the production environment
- Collaborate with SRE to secure our AWS environment
- Oversee the refinement of our Application Security program, including developer education, root cause analysis of security vulnerabilities, and improvement of the SDLC
- Develop and report on critical metrics measuring our security posture and delivery effectiveness
- Develop a multi-year roadmap to improve the capability maturity of the Security Operations team
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Business or related disciplines; Masters preferred
- 10+ years of overall experience as a security engineer, preferably at a late-stage startup, with a combination of 2-5 years of experience managing teams of varying sizes and timezones
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Passion for developing great people, not just great products
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.