Sr. Director of Collaboration Technologies at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Sr. Director of Collaboration Technologies will also work closely with Technology executive staff decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective collaboration solutions for all aspects of the global organization. He/she will provide tower leadership in conjunction with the architecture and implementation functions.
How you'll CREATE:
- Becomes the UMG Global Tower lead for the IT collaboration systems and tools.
- Defines, maintains and oversees UMG's strategy for collaboration technology.
- Defines, develops, documents and maintains standards, best practices, and deployment frameworks.
- Promotes the use of the defined IT standards within UMG business units to both technical and non-technical customers.
- Engages with project teams to develop and agree technical collaboration solutions for project deployments.
- Provides collaboration thought leadership and guidance to other members of the Technology teams.
- Lead major collaboration initiatives and projects such as video conferencing, telephony, data sharing and storage.
- Create and manage annual budget for UMG IT collaboration.
- Oversee vendors work efforts on implementations.
- Manage technical project review meetings. Ensure project technical designs meet UMG's operational requirements and in compliance with UMG infrastructure and security standards.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary or appropriate.
Bring your VIBE:
- 10 years minimum Experience in delivering Unified Communications, Voice Systems, Video Conferencing and Collaboration projects with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams including design/architecture experience.
- Proven ability to deliver key objectives within schedule and budget.
- Strong working knowledge in these areas; Office 365 Skype, Teams, Slack, Cisco telephony, Zoom, One Drive and SharePoint.
- Solid working knowledge of digital real-time collaboration, meeting and social networking tools and the underlying technology components including Networks, Unified Communications (UC), Voice Systems, VOIP, and Cloud Solutioning strategy.
- Strong Collaboration Infrastructure background.
- Produce high-quality documentation, designs, presentations and plans, strategic roadmaps.
- Experience managing infrastructure in hosted and cloud environments, especially transition to cloud.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Record of progressive management experience culminating at the Director Level.
- BA or BS degree in an IT related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
- AWS, GCP and Linux/ MCSE certifications strongly preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.