Senior Systems Engineer
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
This position is responsible for all information technology infrastructure and shared services, including all data centers, physical and virtual (VMWare) servers, storage and backup infrastructure. Focus on Active Directory, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP and Powershell scripts used for automation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the DELUXE Enterprise Infrastructure and works closely with business and IT leaders, vendors and suppliers.
- Provides support and oversight for software and hardware projects as well as new and existing application software.
- Innovate technologies used for system components and recommends modifications and/or upgrades when necessary to keep systems operating according to defined service level agreements and operating level agreements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
- Provide recommendations to management for improved security and performance for company’s information systems. Innovate strategies for client/server implementations.
- Provide mentoring and leadership for Systems Engineers and Systems Technicians. Key player in all phases of development: requirements, design, implementation, integration, testing and releasing, customer deployment and support.
- Participate in On-Call rotation
- All job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant Information Technology field of study, such as computer/software engineering, project management or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience with increasing responsibility.
- ITIL Foundations or ITSM (Service Management) certification a plus.
- Ability to project manage and understand project management principals.
- Knowledge of current and emerging industry technologies.
- Ability to adapt to changes, and resolving conflict.
- Must be creative & innovative.
- Availability 24/7 for issue resolution on production systems.
- Experience with General SAN storage technologies and Fiber Channel switches (Brocade).
- Advanced knowledge of the following: Windows 2016, Windows 2012 and Windows 2008.
- Experience with multiple Linux Distributions (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, LDAP, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, and PowerShell scripting.
- Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required. Including technologies such as VMware, Windows Server and HP blade infrastructures.
- Git and Jenkins experience a plus.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Five years’ experience and working knowledge of designing and sustaining a network environment, TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS.
- Web hosting environment experience a plus.
- SolarWinds Monitoring tools experience a plus.
- SNMP Protocol Experience a plus.
- Firewall management and problem remediation a plus.
- Experience with Firewall ACL, Rules and Policies a plus.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
- COMMUNICATION: building and maintaining relationships, mentoring, presentation capabilities. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- MANAGING/PROBLEM SOLVING: supports and manages change efforts, innovative approaches in problem solving, plans direction for work group to tie in with organizational goals, takes responsibility for outcomes, models desired behavior. Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing.
- ETHICS AND INTEGRITY: perceived fairness; tolerance; honesty; consistent in application of policies and procedures. Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- COMPLEX COMMUNICATION: sequences concepts logically; clarifies complex information; gains understanding of complex material; explains in a manner that makes technical information understandable to non-technical individuals.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: communicates courteously and proactively, learns customer’s short-and long-term needs, sees issues from customer’s perspective.
- JUDGMENT: makes appropriate and sound decisions after weighing alternatives; follows policies and procedures; thoughtful consideration for other’s opinions; logical.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.