WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, develop, and test high power switched mode power converters (DC/DC, DC/AC, AC/DC)
- Discrete hardware development including schematic capture, PCB layout, components selection, packaging design and documentation.
- Perform system level design and integration of power electronic circuits and associated control and interface circuits to meet the requirement of the engineering specification
- Develop and execute system and subsystem validation test plans
- Perform DFMEA and worst case analysis of all circuit implementations showing stability and functional performance over time and environments.
- Design for harsh environments to meet military standards (e.g. MIL-STD-704, etc.)
- Design to meet with EMI/EMC qualification testing per military and commercial standards (e.g. MIL-STD-461, etc.)
- Create technical reports, presentations, and participate in writing product documentation
- MSEE having 5 years of industrial experience
- Deep understanding of control theory, tuning and stability analysis in continuous and discrete domain
- Familiarity with safety requirements for high power/high voltage applications
- Knowledge of Altium Designer schematic and layout is a plus
- Knowledge of wide band gap devices such as SiC is a plus
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data