Senior Operations Manager, Rider Operations
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
You will be responsible for a high performing team responsible for ensuring the systems affecting our Riders are built to elicit the desired behavior. You’ll work with star engineers and product designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment to solve the hardest problems impacting the rider domain of the business.
The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. The ideal candidate has built and led teams, is highly operational, highly entrepreneurial, and is obsessed with empowering our riders. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, hustles, inspires, and loves making something from nothing.
What You'll Do
- Direct analysis on projects/experiments to inform strategic decisions, improving the onboarding experience for riders
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes and product that affect rider interaction
- Design and implement light-tests to gather feedback, prove/disprove hypotheses
- Work directly with Product to define and implement launch of new rider-facing products
- Be accountable for results of the Rider Operations team and systems in its domain
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of outsourcing and manage vendor relationships
- Collaborate with other teams to iterate and experiment with process and content (language, tone, format, etc.) to strive for the highest possible level of quality and consistency
- Report out to stakeholders on key metrics and state-of on a regular cadence
What You'll Need
- Experience with data driven decision making and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Proven collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Excellent communication skills, ability to analyze data and convey results in a compelling way
- Experience with A/B testing
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environmentDemonstrated ability to lead and develop leaders
- Passion for Bird’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology/operations nature
- Startup, do whatever is needed approach
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant Ops, Product, or Project Management Experience
- Operations experience in logistics or tech-transportation
- Experience managing a vendor-outsourcing provider
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description