About The Role
With tens of millions of users, hundreds of employees, and an expanding global presence, our systems’ availability is key to ensuring the best experience on Tinder’s Platform. As the Senior Network Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build a networking platform that can meet the scaling and stability requirements for our cloud and physical sites.
What You’ll Do
Our Network Engineering team is the point of escalation for all network issues. As Tinder grows, you will be designing, building, and operating existing and new network systems. This includes physical and wireless network devices in our West Hollywood, Palo Alto, and San Francisco offices. You will also ensure reliable and secure site-to-site connectivity between our physical and cloud sites.
What You’ll Need
- BS in a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working with large scale networks
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and 802.11 fundamentals
- Prior experience with the following protocols: QoS, Multicast, BGP, IPSEC, DNS
- High proficiency in network capacity planning and design
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and fix problems that occur across multiple system components
- Hands-on experience with network platforms such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, or HP
- Past experience with and expertise in maintaining and troubleshooting VPN infrastructure
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
· The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
· Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
· Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
· Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description