Senior Manager, Marketplace Operations at Mythical Games
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:35 p.m. (PST) on Monday, July 13, 2020
We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a highly-organized Senior Manager with excellent communication skills and proven track record operating large-scale e-commerce or video game marketplace products. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of our marketplace operations for our games, partnering with internal development resources, internal stakeholders, game team in Seattle, and various other internal or external resources to manage the day-to-day and live operations efforts for our marketplace products.
You will be the center point for all our marketplace compliance, anti-fraud, and policy requirements to ensure game and platform teams have a clear path to delivering quality and compliant marketplace products. This includes defining and documenting requirements across legal, anti-fraud, taxation, and business intelligence.
You will be the primary point of contact for all marketplace compliance and operations issues with our live marketplace while establishing strong relationships with our customer service, game, and product teams to lead appropriate and swift resolutions. You will have intimate knowledge of our return, chargebacks, and fraud rates, customer satisfaction, pain points, and overall performance of the marketplace products against our KPIs.
Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to establish clarity from ambiguity, facilitation of collaboration with remote resources, a team-first attitude, and maintaining a friendly, supportive, proactive environment are all essential to your success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with product team, game team, customer service team, and external vendors to develop a 24/7/365 system and process to monitor and resolve issues related to chargebacks, returns, anti-fraud, identity verification, and transaction issues.
- Identify issues, kick-off incident management, assign priority, determine required resources, notify required participants, manage communication, and resolve issues.
- Work with stakeholders to lead operations requirements for marketplace expansion in the US and international launch regions, determine resource needs, and ensure product teams have a clear direction.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure the successful launch and ongoing live operations of compliant marketplace tools and products.
- Monitor all live issues related to our marketplace products and ensure policies and compliance requirements are clear and adhered to across our org.
- Collaborate closely with analytics, and customer service to track and report return and fraud rates, customer satisfaction, and any marketplace related pain points.
- Collaborate closely with the product team to identify and recommend improvements and growth opportunities against our core marketplace KPIs.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Community Management teams to align key marketplace issues and launches with marketing initiatives and community outreach.
- Facilitate healthy collaboration, strong communication, effective process, and accountability across all individuals and teams supporting the marketplace suite of products and services.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of relevant video game marketplace and/or eCommerce operations experience
- Experience working with enterprise-level video game marketplace products and services
- Data-driven and analytical; comfortable working with large data sets
- Experience collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders to bring clarity to complex requirements
- Proven results in managing ambiguous situations and driving towards clarity
- Experience developing continuous improvement to products, processes, and tools to support business growth.
- Ability to set and manage stakeholder expectations amidst competing priorities
- Comfortable in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, flexible and able to work with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a matrix org structure
- Familiar with blockchain, eCommerce, and marketplace compliance requirements a plus
Read Full Job Description