Senior Manager, Environmental Impact at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
Apeel Sciences is looking for a Senior Manager, Environmental Impact to join the growing Sustainability team. You will support decision-making and global collaboration that accounts for the environmental impacts of Apeel's product development and business practices. You will work cross-functionally by providing guidance for and measurement of positive environmental impact projects that align with business goals, and to develop/maintain environmental responsibility policies/programs related to Apeel's direct and indirect influence. You will develop strategy, create analysis and communicate results/recommendations both internally and externally. You will handle range of complex projects, and mentor junior members of the Sustainability Team.
What You’ll Do
- Select and provide administrative oversight of LCA software program(s), data packages, and any additional resources to ensure Apeel's environmental accounting methods are based on best available data
- Build complex modeling analyses and those that require collaboration with outside researchers and/or partners
- Provide Sustainability Team Analyst(s) with guidance, and review methodological decisions to ensure data selection and assumptions are in line with relevant standards and industry best practices (e.g., ISO 14040/4)
- Manage relationships with third-party verifier(s) and any other environmental consultants relied upon by Apeel
- Build knowledge and understanding across other divisions to identify areas to support decision-making and to incorporate relevant stakeholders into environmental impact project planning and execution.
- Collaborate with software and data science to streamline internal data collection and analysis processes
- Develop the short-term and long-term strategic roadmap and coordinate KPIs for environmental impact to demonstrate Apeel's continuous commitment to environmental responsibility
- Build the business case to influence strategic and investment decisions, including the impacts expected and the resources required for implementation
- Work collaboratively with the Sustainability Team, Strategic Planning & Analysis, and Corporate Development Teams to drive the business forward.
What You Bring
- Five years of experience in the Corporate Social Responsibility field or an equivalent combination of experience
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience in life cycle assessment
- Experience with a major LCA software platforms (Gabi, Simapro, OpenLCA) and major LCA data packages
- Experience conducting LCAs in compliance with ISO 14040 and 14044, through third-party verification and/or peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to work in a team and in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing diverse projects in a private sector organization
- Ability to coach team members at all levels to make data-driven decisions
- Proven ability to serve in a subject matter expert role that may require making difficult decisions to drive progress with incomplete/imperfect information
- Validated ability to initiative and lead collaborative efforts of multiple teams within an organization
- Excitement for mentoring and growing junior analysts, both in career development and technical capabilities
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.