Senior Lease Administrator at sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The Senior Lease Administrator is part of the is part of the site development team, responsible for supporting sweetgreen’s growing real estate portfolio. They will serve as a senior member of our lease administration team and will work closely with sweetgreen's real estate, accounting and facility maintenance teams. This position will report to the Director of Site Development, with the expectation that you will help sweetgreen build out a scalable, best-in-class lease administration team capable of implementing best practices for lease abstracting, lease/billing reviews as well as landlord negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Perform Lease and billing reviews and maintain an understanding of how reviews fit into the larger leasing administration process.
- Work with Landlords on disputes through phone, email and other communication to settlement.
- Actively develop and implement lease administration/abstracting best practices and procedures and train teammates on same
- Participate and lead special projects (i.e. audit and negotiate w/multi-site Landlords, Missing Reconciliations, TI Allowance Collection, CAM reconciliations and others)
- Manage 3rd Party Vendors such as RE Tax Appeals, 3rd Party Reconciliation Vendors – Nationally
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed or required. Working closely with teammates collaborating and training each other.
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures.
- Experience working with Lease Administration enterprise system software (e.g. Accruent, CoStar RE Manager, etc.) for lease abstraction, reporting & payments.
- 3-5 years lease administration experience in an organization with a large, multi-jurisdictional real estate portfolio, including work on lease reviews and auditing, leasing administration and portfolio management
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of all parts of a commercial lease, and strong experience in the financial and critical date sections
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and practical approach to dispute resolution
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities with shifting time frames and willing to learn with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow-through
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in all interactions in person and by telephone
- BS Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in lease administration for a national retailer.
- Experience implementing and establishing enterprise Lease Administration enterprise system software platform (e.g. Accruent, CoStar RE Manager, etc.)
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.