Senior IT Operations Specialist
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for an IT Operations Specialist to join Snap Inc. to help expand our IT presence in Los Angeles, CA headquarters. This person must exhibit a high level of professionalism in providing superb customer service and exercise sound judgment to provide timely resolution to difficult technical problems. Additionally, they must understand the office culture and maintain excellent relationships with global customers, business partners and IT team members. The ideal candidate will have exceptional Mac and PC troubleshooting skills.
This person must exhibit a high level of professionalism in providing excellent customer service and exercise sound judgment to provide timely resolution of problems. They must understand the office culture and maintain excellent relationships with global customers, business partners, and IT team members.
What you’ll do:
- Provide excellent day-to-day support for customers
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner; acts as an escalation point for junior team members and management
- Create process and documentation that the team can follow for repeatable tasks
- Work closely with the IT Leadership on strategic initiatives
- Drive information technology projects and drive project deliverables
- Maintain inventory of equipment and other IT assets and ensure compliance
- Actively train and mentor junior team members
- Support our IT services: Google Apps, OKTA, Atlassian, etc
- May maintain relationships with vendors
- 3+ years of experience providing support in a professional IT environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Someone that loves end user support and is passionate about delivering a world-class customer service experience
- Natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make things better
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Jira
- Experience with client management systems: JAMF / Airwatch
- Strong Windows and OSX Mac experience
- Linux experience is a plus
- Experience with Google Apps Suite
- Basic to advanced knowledge of audio visual support
- Basic to advanced knowledge of corporate networking and security practices
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].