Senior Director, IT Client Services (Deskside Support and Global Services)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Senior Director, IT Client Services will be responsible for global operations in the following core areas:
- End to End IT support for End Users
- The Global Service Desk
- Desk Side Support
- Desktop Engineering
The environment is a mix of both internal and outsourced resources delivering services across multiple countries, cultures, and languages. The primary focus will be working closely with our outsourced provider and UMG service owners to maintain and improve the underlying services to the end user in a measurable way. The Senior Director will be responsible for the strategy and execution concerning the underlying services. This includes not only leading the global teams (both internal and external), but implementing tools, managing budget, automating where appropriate, knowledge management, improving processes, and measuring success. The candidate must be able to create and sell the successful strategy/roadmap for the underlying services, and then execute that by leading and influencing in a highly matrixed and leveraged environment.
• Implement and deliver end to end IT support for UMG internal and external customers including VIP support.
• Use data and metrics to drive decision regarding service improvement and performance management.
• Lead and participate in continual service improvements.
• Oversight and management of outsourced providers in a global environment.
• Oversight and management of Service Desk and Desk Side service delivery.
• Desktop engineering and software image creation and delivery. Patching and maintenance of end user compute devices.
• Experience of Tier 2 and 3 support organizations.
• Understanding of the metrics that should be utilized to measure all aspects of service delivery including, but not limited to:
- Vendor performance
- Client satisfaction
- Ticket processing and efficiency
- Measurement against Service Level Agreements
• Provides oversight, direction, and leadership to single or multi-functional teams performing activities related to monitoring of systems, applications, and infrastructure, and incident management for clients.
• Provides oversight of the activities of those responsible for ensuring that all work is performed in adherence to accepted industry standards and company policies.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written at multiple levels within the organization.
• Budget oversight.
• Large scale program and project oversight/management.
• Technical knowledge of common tools and processes used in the global delivery of end user services (e.g. ticketing systems, reporting tools, survey tools, etc.). Working knowledge of ServiceNow.
• Demonstrable experience establishing a positive and professional working relationship with service delivery vendors, aligning objectives, goals and strategies while measuring and enforcing accountability.
• Hiring, establishing, and leading global teams.
• Leadership in a matrixed environment.
• ITIL and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
• Certification in the management of technology outsourcing preferred
• Undergraduate degree in Information Technology or a related field required, Graduate degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.