Senior Customer Support Engineer at WELL Health
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
Here at WELL we know that customers are the foundation of our business, and that it’s our responsibility not only to support them throughout their WELL journey, but to provide them with strategic guidance on how to make the most out of the WELL platform along the way. WELL’s Account Management department is responsible for delivering and delighting our customers.
A critical role on the Customer Support team is the Support Engineer. We are looking for a talented Senior Support Engineer to join our team. You are a positive, energetic, self-starter who thrives on diving deep to solve customer problems and providing world-class customer support. You would work directly under our Director of Customer Support, and work alongside a team of passionate Support Engineers.
This position will not only provide you the opportunity to get first-hand customer-facing experience, but also prepare you for higher-level roles in areas such as engineering, business analytics, data science, and technical project management.
- Research, diagnose and resolve complex technical issues with our Saas platform
- Learn and leverage the knowledge of our internal business analytics and other troubleshooting tools to help identify client problems
- Document, track, and work to resolve Tier 2 and Tier 3 support items
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers, account managers, and executives)
- Partner with other members of the Account Management team to document key product functionality
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at the same time
- Create and evolve customer support processes, tools, and technologies
- Provide input and feedback to the Product Engineering team relating to improvements to product performance and/or feature enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred (e.g. data science, engineering, mathematics, business analytics, or statistics) (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years in a similar technical role working with a Saas product
- Some experience leveraging SQL and Mongo for troubleshooting
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal, and explain technical concepts to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Build and maintain both internal and external relationships
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and a quick, curious learner
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple items simultaneously
- Demonstrated customer communication skills
- Experience with at least 1 object-oriented programming language
- Familiarity with customer support software (eg. Salesforce Service Cloud, JIRA)
- Healthcare IT experience; specifically supporting healthcare integrations leveraging HL7v2, and flat files (extra bonus if you have worked with HL7 FHIR)
- Telecom experience
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA with a second office in Boston, MA. For this role, the ideal candidate will be willing to work out of our Boston headquarters full-time, though this role is also open to those that are seeking a permanently remote position. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.