- Assist in the planning, supervising, and administration of sanitation programs, policies and practices designed to ensure plant cleanliness and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct effective, risk-based sanitation audits to identify gaps and improvement opportunities to ensure food safety and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, company policies / procedures and customer expectations.
- Monitor, verify and validate equipment cleaning methods including recommendations to meet plant sanitation.
- Oversee plant sanitation and environmental pathogen control.
- Address sanitation requirements using Master Cleaning Schedules (MCS) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP). Conduct necessary training to address sanitation / hygiene / GMP compliance.
- Oversee and direct activities related to pest control including monitoring, record keeping, exclusion practices and treatment programs.
- Ensure compliance of quality programs including GMP & SSOP.
- Evaluate and assist in development of SSOPs.
- Participate in and contribute to the continuous improvement of SSOPs.
- Development of company training program as it pertains to the sanitation of the facility.
- Create and maintain Master Cleaning Schedule of facility, equipment and grounds.
- Perform pre-ops with members of the QA/QC team.
- Create and maintain pre-op check sheets for all areas of facility that include trending of issues found.
- Support floor sanitation team members including scheduling of team members.
- Develop and maintain chemical inventories and supplies with the Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in food plant operations, food safety, sanitation and or pest control.
- Strong knowledge of food safety systems and best practices
- Excellent team building, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to work within a food plant environment without restrictions.
- Minimum two years supervisory / auditing / regulatory experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Certifications in Food Safety, HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) strongly preferred.
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!