Safe Ride Support Manager at HopSkipDrive
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
We want A+ players who are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. We are defining a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. This is not a lifestyle job. This will be the hardest, most demanding, most exhilarating job you will ever have. It will also be the most rewarding.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
This role demands attention to detail, and ability to hire, train, coach, and maintain a team of A-Players. While developing your team is your primary responsibility, you must have the ability to context switch to handle real-time ride support, provide excellent customer service for escalated situations, problem-solve, and look for opportunities to departmental and company-wide processes.
You have experience successfully managing and growing a customer support team, with knowledge of the latest industry trends and techniques. In addition to being an excellent communicator (written and verbal), you will also demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills. You have an intense drive and work ethic, a passion for our brand and our mission, a ton of enthusiasm for building new enterprises from scratch and the willingness to put in the extra hours it takes to make it all work. You are a master of multitasking and have an execution-focused mindset. This position will be reporting to the Head of SafeRide Support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2-3 years experience managing a team of direct reports; particularly working in a startup customer service, or live operations environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, especially when it comes to working empathetically with CareDrivers, parents, and employees.
- Solid Excel, data management capabilities, and organizational skills (Tableau experience a plus)
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Google tools
- An outgoing attitude with an entrepreneurial, execution-focused, get-things-done mindset.
- Previous experience in the tech industry
- This role is based in Los Angeles and offers a flexible work environment
- Work with CareDrivers and parents to verify they have quality experiences and supervise the day to day operations of the department and your direct reports
- Handle all escalated issues with exceptional customer service skills
- Manage a team of SafeRide Support Specialists (both Full Time and Part Time) to ensure proper training, high performance, and morale.
- Set and improve team SLAsm KPIs and customer satisfaction ratings
- Develop and set scalable team procedures, policies, and standards
- Effectively and accurately manage the schedules of your team members
- Identify talent and hire and train new members of the team
- Provide reports detailing team statistics regularly and upon request
- Interpret reports, statistics, and other findings and turn into actionable steps as needed
- Manage the approved hours budget for the team
- Take on special projects as needed
- Build a complete mastery of how the company and platform work and stay up to date on changes
- Stay informed on the overall customer support industry and techniques
- Not only are you managing your direct reports, you are also jumping into the phone queue and helping with live ride situations as needed.
- Weekend on call hours are highly regular
- Working outside the normal 9-5 is a must
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation with approved coverage, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.