Risk Manager at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Risk Manager to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Risk Manager, you’ll be part of the IT Security Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance team to manage Procore’s IT Risk program. In this role, you’ll serve as a subject matter expert in using the FAIR methodology to identify, analyze, and mitigate risk. You’ll work with various business units and partner with Enterprise Risk Management to funnel and communicate identified risks to senior and executive-level management. This role requires a mix of general business and technical acumen to inspire, influence, and communicate decisions around risk with key stakeholders and external regulators.
This position reports to our Security Manager and ideally will be located in one of our offices in either Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown or in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Lead and develop risk management function and be responsible for identifying, tracking and maintaining, and reporting risk status and remediation plans
- Help govern and develop a security risk program that empowers and maintains Procore's rapid innovation culture
- Work with business partners to accurately understand and evaluate risk, maintain the risk register, and report risk to management
- Collaborate with security to incorporate risk remediation plans into the overall security program
- Provide routine reports and metrics of the Risk function
- Build out a security champions program; identifying key individuals to help identify and articulate risk from throughout the business
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in risk management and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS or comparable experience
- Experience managing risk within GRC tooling (OneTrust, LogicGate or similar)
- Experience utilizing the FAIR methodology for managing risk
- Experience developing and producing security risk metrics and reports that are meaningful and actionable across various audiences
- Demonstrated conceptual, critical thinking, and sound judgment with strategic orientation and experience performing tactically
- Experience in technical risk concepts similar to cloud computing environments: logical access control, agile development process, secure coding principles, security architecture, information security, network security, and privacy
- Knowledge of pragmatic security controls across all security domains such as access management, encryption methods, vulnerability management, network security, etc
- GRC Professional (CRISC or similar certifications) preferred and AWS Certifications and Certified Security Professional (CISSP, GIAC or other certifications) are a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.