Ride Operations Associate
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As the Ride Operations Associate, you will be responsible for ensuring every ride requested is setup to succeed and delivered successfully. You will be responsible for the logistics of HopSkipDrive rides. You will find and fix issues before they escalate. You are a strategic thinker, with skills in both multitasking and problem solving on a mission to be proactive. You are someone with fantastic interpersonal skills, is focused and driven, has a passion for our brand.
Your Primary Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Work with CareDrivers to verify they have all the equipment needed to flawlessly execute the ride they claimed.
- Matching CareDrivers to high priority rides and locating opportunities for repeating rides.
- Work with customers to confirm they have their ride setup as intended.
- Work with customers to find reasonable carpool partners and help them create them.
- Manage rides that have special needs; both matching to CareDrivers and the logistics of them.
- Identify supply issues before they become a constraint.
- Proactive outreach to parents and CareDrivers as related to project concerns.
- Recognize trends in issues and suggest changes to improve processes.
- 1-3 years of experience demonstrating results in a fast-paced startups, sales, customer service, campaigning, operations, engineering or consulting environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills for both internal and external communication.
- An outgoing attitude with an entrepreneurial, execution-focused, get-things-done mindset.
- Solid Excel, pattern recognition, and organizational skills.
- Always looking for ways to make things more efficient.
- An appreciation for maps, geographies, data and numbers.
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Maps and Google Docs required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.