Retail Operations Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Retail Operations Manager will be responsible to analyze and optimize operational performance servicing all Key Accounts within UMG Physical Supply Chain Operations. This will include engaging with key accounts and facilitate interaction to drive performance improvement efforts across all sales channels for UMG physical product.
- Collect and analyse detail data for each key account and other key sales channels, including Distribution Partners, Retail Accounts, eCommerce Partners and UMG DTC.
- Create and publish compelling reports on key performance metrics on a regular basis and distribute to key stakeholders. Facilitate and present to focus groups as required.
- Create and maintain scorecards with root cause analysis for each key account and where available compare with Customer's Vendor scorecards.
- Collaborating with other UMG Operations and Commercial teams to identify opportunities for improvement and transformation.
- The engage with all key accounts and facilitate meetings and opportunities for UMG executives and key accounts to engage in process improvement efforts.
- To monitor and analyse delivery performance breakdowns, like penalties and charge backs and identify process improvements to transform key business processes.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Strong data management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with many individuals and teams, including many different personalities and stakeholders inside and external to UMG
- Adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- Highly proficient in Excel & Microsoft Office
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- Works well within a team
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a Retail Operations or Retail Services environment. Other retail channel experience will be a plus
- Experience in business to business and e-commerce environments
- Demonstrated experience in a Supply Chain Operations environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.