Regional LCL Consolidations Manager
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Started in 2013, we've raised $204M from investors that include Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo. As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a LCL Consolidations Manager to work within our Supply Team in managing operations & performance. Salivating at the thought of building relationships while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Manage consolidation teams across various US hubs
- Standardize & digitize operations procedures across US hubs
- Redesign work-flows to drive efficiencies and internal economies of scale
- Design process flows to support e-commerce business needs
- Interact with clients and develop customized service offerings
- Implement performance improvements to further improve service levels and reduce operational “cost-to-serve”
- Negotiate & benchmark vendor rates
- Review feedback from operations teams on performance
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ year of experience at a top consulting firm/ e-commerce space/ at a freight consolidator or a freight forwarding company is preferred
- Experience developing warehouse processes and leading cross functional teams is required
- Solid understanding of warehouse workflows and a general curiosity about innovation in the warehouse workflow space is an advantage
- Experience deploying RFID technology is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An insatiable obsession with simplifying processes
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.