Regional Director, Southern California
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Regional Director manages a group of sales representatives who consult with, support, and sell Edmunds’ dealer products to automotive retailers in defined geographic territories. The Regional Director ensures consistent results, sets best practices, and assists in the sales and support activities of the sales representatives who are responsible for consulting with dealership management and Internet department staff regarding on-line best practices and reinforcing the Edmunds value proposition. The Regional Director is expected to be hands on to meet established objectives in their territory for market penetration, customer retention and customer satisfaction. As a representative of the Edmunds brand in the marketplace, the Regional Director must not only be professional and talented, but they should also have a healthy respect for automotive retailers and a passion for improving the car buying experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and mentor a group of digital sales professionals in a defined geographic region
- Serves as an authoritative and convincing specialist of the merits of the Edmunds Product Suite to both the sales professionals presenting the product and the automotive dealerships acquiring and utilizing the product
- Ensure broad customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to escalated dealer problems, concerns or needs and following thru on prompt resolution
- Provide in-depth analyses and reports regarding sales professional’s performance within the region to Divisional and Corporate management
- Broadly manage and monitor all regional contracts as well as account receivables
- Lead weekly Sales meetings with regional team to socialize product and sales strategy developments
- Mentor the sales professionals within a defined geographic region in sales tactics and account management and maintenance activities
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the product and operational teams on new product ideas and/or suggested modifications to existing products
What You Need:
- 7 to 10 years of professional direct sales experience
- 5 + years managing a team of direct sales professionals
- Demonstrated ability to understand, teach, and execute upon innovative sales campaigns that utilize sophisticated data analysis and marketing concepts to establish market differentiation
- History of success with B2B sales
- Willingness and ability to travel on a frequent basis within a defined territory to support a regional team in maintaining and furthering sales penetration; 20% travel
- Strong business consulting, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote/home office
- Motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed in a fast-paced rapidly growing company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
*This position will support the Southern California region. Candidates must reside in one of the major metropolitan areas within this region.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we’ve been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine, Computerworld, and Architectural Record. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!