QC Engineer at Deluxe Entertainment
Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
Deluxe Digital Cinema QC Engineer
Major Job Duties / Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Develop, support, diagnose and resolve problems, write procedures, and assist and train operations personnel in all areas of post production engineering for Digital Cinema Quality Control systems. Quality Control systems include projectors, various 3D projection systems, sound processors and systems, Digital Cinema players, etc. Need to manage all 3rd party vendors so that all equipment is working for 24hr operations. Some knowledge of computer hardware, Windows and Linux operating systems, and networks is beneficial.
General Job Requirements
- Digital Cinema Quality Control System Developments and Support
- Manage, install, configure, test and calibrate all projectors, audio, and players including IMBs in multiple existing and new rooms
- Manage inventory of projector lamps and other projector renewable items such as filters, etc.
- Setup new rooms to meet DTDC QC requirements
- Maintain all equipment used for QC – Projector, audio, CCAP devices, HI/VI equipment, DBox, 3D systems, etc.
- Maintain and configure video and audio routers
- Develop and train staff for detailed room setup/calibration procedures
- Manage the software versions of all players to ensure players are up to date
- Support operations in the design and implementation of operational workflows
- Represent DTDC for all issues related to color calibration
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent
- Quality Control experience is a plus
- Exceptional client facing skills
- Excellent problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well with others
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible to work overtime, and weekends as needed
- A "can-do" attitude, with the ability to energize and work with multi functional teams is required
- Must be able to work independently in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs