Maple Media is seeking a new addition to QA team inLos Angeles to test products across our portfolio of mobile games and apps. This role will have a high impact in the organization, including helping test and ship key apps and games in our portfolio with tens of millions of users. As a QA Associate, you’ll work closely with our product team, support team, and iOS, Android and Unity engineers to ensure we ship products that our users love.
- Manually test and review core functionality and ad tech of all app and game releases that we ship, capturing key bugs and issues in JIRA and greenlighting builds for release
- Perform regression testing and verify bug fixes, in collaboration with engineering, product and support
- Deeply and rigorously play-test games and use apps in-development to find bugs, issues, and refinement opportunities prior to release
- Build test cases for a variety of apps, including core test case documentation
- Introduce documentation, automation and scale into our QA program
- Join development meetings and work directly with iOS, Android and Unity developers
- BA or BS degree required, preferably in related field
- 0-2 years experience in QA, Play Testing or Customer Support at a mobile app, gaming, or other software company
- Knowledge of software development, QA methodologies & release process
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize many requests simultaneously
- Startup mindset and excitement for having a big impact and meaningful responsibility on our team
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Passion for mobile app and games, familiarity with Android, iOS, GSuite (Google Docs, Google Sheets), Windows, Mac OS, Slack and JIRA
- Candidates with technical backgrounds in QA automation are also encouraged to apply
- Candidates must be based in Los Angeles and be able to live / work in the U.S. long term
Working at Maple Media - Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited vacation, paid sick days & paid holidays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks
- Dog friendly
- Flexible dress code
- Regular Happy Hours
- Great location in Century City, one block from Century City Westfield (restaurants, shopping, events) + weekly farmer's market
- Company events
About Maple Media:
Founded in 2016, Maple Media is a Los Angeles and Quebec based mobile media, advertising and technology company that acquires, manages, and operates mobile apps and games.
Maple Media's most popular apps include We Heart It, Tony Hawk's Skate Jam, Mazes & More, Puzzlerama, Snowboard Party, Skateboard Party, Blackjack 21 and Minesweeper Puzzle Bomb.
Maple Media recently raised over $30M in funding from Shamrock Capital to continue to acquire new app companies and plans to rapidly grow in 2019. Maple Media is led by industry veterans from Google and Jam City.