Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Purchasing Supervisor who will be responsible for supervising the procure functions for Golden Hippo and managing the purchasing team. This position will also develop and lead the category strategy, including negotiations and day-to-day efforts to support efficient business operations. The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for making buying decisions that deliver value to the organization. This includes the management of supplier performance and development, pricing negotiations, lead times, and conflict resolution.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Direct Reports: Buyers and Purchasing Assistant
- Execute purchasing sourcing strategies that are set in place and continue to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization
- Work closely with suppliers and planning department on purchase forecast and orders
- Ensure/follow-through lead times and timely delivery of products.
- Maintain and manage open order reports
- Work with accounting and warehouse departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Communicate the status of inventory to all levels of the organization.
- Develop, track, and report price, delivery, payment terms, supplier quality, and other KPI metrics monthly.
- Develop cost savings initiatives and assist in the identification and execution of cost reduction strategies
- Develop supplier strategies to leverage and optimize relationships
- Responsible for aligning and implementing standardized purchasing processes
- Provide strong leadership, guidance, and mentorship to direct report team.
- Support Purchasing Manager as needed
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required
- 4-6+ years related experience required
- Experience in the food, nutrition and/or beauty industry preferred
- Certified in Six Sigma or another process improvement methodology preferred
- Advanced Negotiation skills
- Relationship building
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Adaptable and Flexible
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo is an equal opportunity employer.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo