Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
The Programming Manager is in charge of content evaluation, channel management, programming strategy, and contributing to the overall success of the programming team within the Home/DIY, anime and gaming categories. The PM will develop and implement scheduling strategies that increase viewer retention and engagement metrics. This role is on the front line of revolutionizing the future of TV and is critical to achieving Pluto TV’s mission of entertaining the planet.
- Provide expertise within the construct of the Home/DIY, anime and gaming channels and lead all aspects of content programming using the tools and resources available to the team.
- Develop successful programming schedules based on available content and data.
- Use viewership data to continually optimize the performance of managed channels/categories.
- Engage with the larger Pluto TV organization, partnering with the Promotion and Marketing teams, Content Ops, Live Ops, and Content Acquisition/Partner Relations teams to ensure smooth cross-department logistics and functionality.
- Review and tirelessly research content and content catalogs, making selections that will positively impact the channel’s performance and department metrics.
- Contribute best practices and programming concepts to the team.
- Manage freelance Jr Editors and others as needed to achieve programming and operational goals.
- Learn new software and practices to increase efficiency and quality.
- Submit bugs and product feedback for the Pluto CMS.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- 2+ years direct experience programming within a digital or traditional media environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to resolve complex issues.
- Strong data literacy. An experimental mentality with the goal of using data to support the success of content, channels, programming, and scheduling.
- Broad knowledge and passion for pop culture, TV, film and online video (i.e. being a “Pop Culture PhD”).
- Hands on entertainment industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge/interest in anime and/or gaming a big plus.
- Ability to perform in-depth research and leverage data in the strategic planning of content.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills, including the ability to lead a number of projects with varying deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Highly articulate with strong communication and influencing skills.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Creative problem solver with a strong work ethic! Comfortable with taking personal ownership with a task as well as delegating.
- Knowledge of best practices in metadata creation and copywriting a plus.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.