Production Planner at Honeybee Robotics (Greater LA Area, CA)
| Greater LA Area
Employer Provided Salary: $86,000-$105,000 Annually
Salary data is provided by the employer. Please note this is not a guarantee of compensation.
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:03 p.m. (PST) on Monday, April 3, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
As a member of the Blue Origin family of companies, Honeybee Robotics designs and builds robotics to explore and utilize space. Since our founding in 1983, we've pushed technical boundaries to pursue bold, audacious ideas on critical missions. We’re looking for technically brilliant people in engineering, software, and various support fields who take ownership of their work, enjoy collaborating in teams, and have a laser focus on the details that drive excellence.
Honeybee Robotics is seeking an organized and efficient Production Planner to coordinate the timely movement of materials and parts through our manufacturing process for custom-engineered parts and equipment. As a successful Production Planner, you will create schedules based on your understanding of lead, set-up, and transaction times and be proactive in solving any snags that arise. Your main responsibility is to keep production moving smoothly.
- Develop production schedules that balance program needs, material availability, shop capacity, process times, and delivery dates.
- Ensure shop orders are accurate and have the correct parts assigned.
- Monitor materials and update shop orders to ensure timely movement to the next process step.
- Keep records of inventory movements and transactions up-to-date.
- Monitor incoming materials to determine if they need to be placed in production.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including engineers, buyers, configuration management, quality, and receiving.
- Allocate inventory and create planned shop orders in our ERP system to purchase stock material.
- Research material shortages and coordinate with project planners and buyers to ensure the supply chain supports the production plan.
- Implement improvements using your knowledge of supply chain and our business.
- 2+ years of experience in materials management, logistics, or planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant training or an APICS certificate.
- Strong understanding of configuration management, supply chain, material control, manufacturing, and shipping processes.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as an ERP system and MS Office Suite, with strong Excel skills.
- Familiarity with shop orders and associated documents such as mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of import/export requirements and international shipping.
- Understanding of LEAN concepts and best practices.
- Strong communication skills to explain detailed issues and encourage group problem-solving.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- A positive mindset and style that promotes teamwork and collaboration.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4.5% company match.
- Paid Time Off includes up to 3 weeks per year, paid sick leave, and 13 holidays.
Applicants for employment at Honeybee Robotics, LLC must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Honeybee Robotics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description