Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Better is looking for Post Closing Closers to join our team. Our PC team is responsible for working with internal teams and external partners to ensure the sale of the loan to our investor networks.
Post Closing is a dynamic, multi-functional team that plays an essential role in the Mortgage process. As part of our back-office support, we perform several key functions to facilitate the purchase of loan files, after closing, to our Investor partners on the Secondary market.
We strive to ensure all loan documentation is complete and in compliance with State, Federal and Agency guidelines.
We are a growing team, committed to:
- Supporting Better in meeting corporate and departmental goals
- Producing a high level of service to our customers both internally and externally
- Encouraging growth and development within our teams
Post Closing Closer will work with various Better Team Members and will be responsible for prioritizing corrections and re-draws in a timely and efficient manner. Meeting deadlines is critical. Collaboration and customer service skills will be crucial to the success of this role; employees may be required to interact with Better employees, escrow, Title, Borrowers and Investors. The ideal candidate is a builder and a doer, comfortable taking control and working successfully in an ambiguous environment
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, Irvine, Oakland, Charlotte and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.Responsibilities will include:
- Gathering missing data, preparing closing documents as needed, forwarding closing documents to appropriate parties and ensuring documents are redrawn to meet Investor/WH Bank and regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge of loan closing including strong familiarity with closing disclosures, insurance guidelines, title and appraisals
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on why loan was closed in error and provide feedback to Management
- Strong knowledge of all key residential regulations including but not limited to TRID, RESPA/TILA, Reg B, etc.
Education & Qualifications
- 2+ years of hands-on mortgage processing OR closing
- Proven track record of meeting tight deadlines and the ability to act with urgency.
- Experience with Encompass and DocMagic a plus
- Proven ability to effectively manage a high-volume pipeline of files and/or customers
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Approaches challenges with a relentless mindset- no one here gives up. We try, we fail, we try again.
- Excellent attention to detail, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Approach work with empathy, humility and accountability.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.