Phone Support Specialist at SimplePractice
We’re looking for a friendly, eager-to-learn Customer Success Phone Support Specialist to join our team in our Santa Monica office.
SimplePractice is built for our customers, and supporting their success is our top priority. We strive to provide unparalleled support and encourage our customers to always let us know how we can improve our products. You’ll be an integral member of the Customer Success team, getting to know and responding to thousands of SimplePractice customers, and working collaboratively with our team to constantly improve our Customer Success materials and processes. This role will give you front row access in a startup while you provide tangible value and support to our growing community
What is the structure of this job?
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly-paid position in our office in Santa Monica. While our busiest times are earlier in the week, we’re looking for individuals that can offer weekend availability to help us manage our response time goals throughout the entire week. For the first 3 months of employment, you'll be expected to be available for onboarding and education from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
What would you do for us?
- Qualifying leads for our products and services over the phone
- Identifying opportunities to make product suggestions/referrals based on the customers’ needs
- Entering details into a database system and following-up with customers
- Keeping accurate track of customers’ needs and notating all information correctly into customers’ accounts
- Responding to all customer inquiries by either solving customers’ questions and issues directly or transferring calls to other appropriate Customer Success team members
- Troubleshooting basic account and feature issues
- Displaying etiquette, knowledge, and solutions when servicing customer account inquiries and conducting transactions in accordance to service standards
- Maintaining close adherence to the defined daily schedule to ensure proper resource coverage
- Maintaining a minimal amount of errors to ensure a positive customer service experience
- Ensuring conversations meet security and compliance requirements
- Triage incoming customer support emails to other specialty agents and answering new emails
- Help your team answer all incoming inquiries in 60 minutes or less, continually striving for faster response time
- Answer customer chats and hold live screen sharing sessions with customers
- Lead live Q&A product orientation sessions and 1 to 1s
- Work with the support team to identify patterns in support emails and keep an eye out for bugs or problems with the software
- Take ownership of routine problems with intuitive problem-solving skills, and escalate high-risk problems as needed
Must be able to...
- Professionally interact with customers on calls while maintaining a focus on providing timely and accurate resolutions
- Quickly identify the customer’s request or concern and efficiently provide the most effective solution
- Effectively use critical thinking skills to solve problems for customers in a timely manner
- Express empathy and compassion, taking full ownership of the customer’s satisfaction
- Proactively gain and maintain a full understanding of our portfolio of features and services
- Effectively summarize and relay information
- Respond to incoming requests for cancellation of services and offer retention solutions where appropriate
- Efficiently enter accurate and detailed records of client interactions and actions taken
- Achieve productivity standards and goals set by the company while maintaining high quality calls and following expected call flows and protocols
- Work well independently within guidelines and complete work without requiring follow up
Our Customer Success Phone Support Specialist Must-Haves:
- Previous customer support experience
- A sense of urgency to complete work efficiently and accurately
- Comfortable with ambiguity to determine the best solution for our customers
- Comfortable with simultaneously managing a large number of computer-based programs, applications, and toolsets to perform job duties
- Tech savvy and comfortable with web apps - Slack, Asana, Zendesk, Google Docs, and the like. You should be able to use them with ease and be sharp enough to troubleshoot any issues you have
- Comfortable working directly with customers in urgent and detail-sensitive scenarios
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills, and phone etiquette