We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for an experienced Payment Operations Manager to provide operational excellence to our day-to-day payment needs, providing leadership and expertise in the field of payments that will support scalability for our organization. In this position, you will work closely with product teams on improvements, optimization initiatives, and integrations to ensure the best payment experience is offered to our customers. Under the Trust & Safety umbrella, you will also work closely with our Fraud Team to ensure we provide safe, secure, and compliant payment solutions for our customers.
- Your passion for payments helps you define, own and drive the core metrics for global success; consistently analyzing, measuring, and tracking payment performance.
- You will own initiatives that reduce the cost of payments while driving payment provider performance optimization
- You are a team player, collaborating with internal teams to improve purchase flows (reducing friction and improving conversions) while also helping to deliver enhanced and consistent payment capabilities and experiences and supporting new payment products or functionality.
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty, jumping in to help resolve escalations or customer-impacting issues, and driving projects to improve the customer experience
- You are an expert in payments, able to assist in identifying and assessing effective payment solutions that ensure success at scale.
- You are comfortable working both at a strategic level and able to dive deep into details as needed to ensure high-quality execution
- You are a great communicator, effectively communicating regular business performance, vendor status, and strategic initiative updates to Leadership teams.
- You are driven to continuously look for ways to improve processes, both in terms of procedures and use of technology and systems to ensure continuity and reduction of errors.
- You continuously monitor and assess changing payments landscapes and evolving industry trends to uncover new opportunities, while also remaining current on all changes to regulations and systems, ensuring timely implementation of applicable revisions.
- You will assist in establishing or revising policy, enforcing and implementing compliance directives, reviewing system enhancements, and assessing department operational needs.
- You understand all aspects of a payments system related to both pay-ins and pay-outs.
- Advanced knowledge of global payment systems and region specific rules and regulations.
- Strong understanding of emerging payments and marketplace trends in North America, and broad understanding of similar trends internationally (focus on Europe, East Asia, and LATAM)
- Deep understanding of Compliance, OFAC/AML, Know Your Customer and Risk Awareness
- Strong analytical acumen and ability to interpret and work with financial data
- Able to distill a data driven course of action from complex and varied information sources
- Experience owning and solving complex eCommerce payments problems
- Able to present complex issues and resolution plans to Leadership
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, leading strategic and tactical projects and prioritizing to effectively meet the needs of the business
- Knowledge of credit card chargeback case handling and risk mitigation
- Experience and knowledge of crypto-currencies and/or tokens is a plus
- Experience with marketplaces; bonus if you have experience with digital goods
- Experience in the gaming industry
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.