Operator, GSOC at Snap Inc. (Greater LA Area, CA)
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company's three core products are Snapchat , a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio , an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and it's AR glasses, Spectacles .
The Global Security Organization (GSO) plays an important role in delivering on Snap's "Duty of Care" to its employees, guests, and customers - while constantly embodying our values of Kind, Smart, and Creative. The Global Security team helps create a safe environment so that all of our team members around the world are empowered to do their best work, every day.
We're looking for a Global Operations Center Operator to join our Global Security team!
What you'll do:
- Ensure the protection of company staff, guests, and assets through a diligent monitoring of Access Control System, CCTV, Incident Management Systems and Dispatch Control Room
- Document and record security activity observed during scheduled shift and escalated incidents
- Support analytical product production to support travel and risk programs
- Carry out policies and procedures in accordance with company policies
- Forge effective relationships with colleagues to achieve goals
- Open source monitoring during special events, security incidents, disasters, and other crises on a global scope
- Other ad hoc duties or special projects as assigned by Global Security management
- Make intelligent decisions in a manner that reflects maturity, patience, intelligence, and a cogent interpretation of all meaningful information
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and familiarity with computers and security equipment, including CCTV monitors including but not limited to Milestone, Lenel, Valor and Basic Life Safety systems.
- Basic understanding in incident response, Crisis Management, Incident Management, Emergency Response utilizing communication channels including Slack, Everbridge, email (via the G-suite), video calls and phone systems.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional schedules including holidays, nights, and weekends to adapt to our 24/7 operation
- Experience working in the security, medical, emergency services, law enforcement, military, or customer service industry is helpful
- Ability to work comfortably in a team environment, as well as individually
- Strong time management, ability to multitask, and attention to detail capabilities
- Ability to master the company's computer based technologies
- High school degree or GED or equivalent years of experience
- 1 year of experience in a corporate security environment
- Ability to lift up to 20.5 lbs. to support emergency response or relocation
- Ability stay on your feet for extended periods to time for Incident Management or support to Campus Security Operations
- Current CPR and Basic First Aid certification
- The role requires regular onsite work at a Snap Office Location, at minimum 5 days a week
- 1+ years of experience working with access control, CCTV monitoring, incident management technology
- The flexibility to work any assigned shift and to attend meetings and training sessions
- Data analytics and reporting experience for running current analytics and the creation of new reports
- Prior training or educational coursework on research, analytical, or intelligence techniques
- Experience using OSINT tools such as Dataminr, Liferaft Navigator, Everbridge, Tweetdeck, GIS mapping software, etc.
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC) : The base salary for this position is $78,000 annually
- Zone B : The base salary range for this position is $74,000 annually
- Zone C : The base salary range for this position is $66,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a "default together" approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at [email protected] .
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we've got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap's long-term success!