Operations Support Specialist at GOAT Group
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:14 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, October 29, 2020
GOAT is seeking a results-oriented Operations Support Specialist. The idea candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You will be responsible for supporting the Delivery Operations processes. This person will be a motivated, organized, innovative thinker who is comfortable working across a variety of departments. This role requires someone who is capable of multitasking, is detail-oriented, is innovative, and able to successfully support various improvement projects.
In this role you will:
- Support the delivery operations process and implement new systems for both domestic and international shipping
- Work within the Consumer Experience team to monitor the transportation process including documentation and customs requirements
- Engage in both domestic and international outgoing freight shipments ensuring proper, accurate and timely dispatch of outbound shipments following all proper DOT
- Coordinate export compliance issues and domestic shipping issues with shippers, as required, including shipment tracking and lost freight issues
- Stay current on international exporting changes such as new commodity codes and customs regulations
- Participate in Delivery Operations improvement projects, such as optimization of supply chain and duties and taxes
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up
We are looking for:
- Experience with shipping operations/transportation/courier services including international customs procedures, regulations, and required documentation
- Team player, a quick learner, self-starter, able to work autonomously, and willingness (and ability) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility as we scale
- Proven critical thinking, problem-solving skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to interact with customers in a clear and concise manner
- Must be a team player who is able to make autonomous judgments based on established guidelines in an effort to help the greater team win!
- Must be able to prioritize work and manage time effectively; the ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, autonomous environment
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to recognize current trends within the industry and suggest ways to improve the overall customer experience
- Available and willing to work extended hours as needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description