Operations Support Specialist (Night Shift) at Metropolis
Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, senior professionals from BlackRock, Uber and Getaround, and a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Operations Support Specialist
Metropolis seeks a select number of entrepreneurial self-starters to be the first point of contact for Tier-1 technical support with its proprietary technology platform. Given we’re in the early stages of development, there’s incredible growth potential within the company for those that perform at a high level.
Roles & Responsibilities
Operations Support Specialists resolve inbound support requests, track technical issues and feedback, perform routine checks on system performance, and bridge the Operations, Product and Engineering teams. As such, you are able to investigate complex and ambiguous technical problems with web-based mobile apps, internet networks, and IoT hardware and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to resolve issues, create solutions and recommend improvements. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to manage a high volume of inbound support requests on a daily basis.
- A strong, effective and resolution-driven communicator that can empathize with users, investigate issues and propose solutions
- Be a subject matter expert on all processes at our mobility sites (from our apps and hardware to operations and business practices) to resolve recurring issues
- A clear and thorough writer who documents progress of inbound support requests through CRM software
- Work with the Operations team to build a playbook and create standard operating procedures for resolving new and recurring support requests
- Work with the Business Development team to inform and advise on new business opportunities
Requirements & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience working in a high-growth, tech-focused startup environment
- Proficiency using and troubleshooting web-based mobile apps and IoT products (such as IP cameras, point-of-sale systems, etc.)
- Passionate about investigating open-ended problems and discovering solutions
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks at once. Since we’re at the beginning stages of development, there will be no shortage of critical tasks to complete. You thrive in this environment
- Derive enjoyment from learning and innovating. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking results
- Excellent organizational skills, integrity and follow-through on tasks
- IT support experience a plus
- Skills analyzing data in plus
- Must be willing to work late night or early morning shifts
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits