Operations Platform Administrator, Zendesk
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
This role will serve as the Zendesk subject matter expert for the Operations organization and all Zendesk users throughout Bird. You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations and strategic direction of our Zendesk instance. You will need to juggle a diverse workload that includes troubleshooting the Zendesk application, to optimizing how it is used to identify which product enhancements Bird should implement.
The role demands great technical depth, innate curiosity, a data driven mindset, a stubborn refusal to settle, strong communication skills, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. The ideal candidate is motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, hustles, and loves making something from nothing.
What You'll Do
- Administer the use of Zendesk to optimize effectiveness of Operations teams
- Manage a queue of operational requests, prioritizing against evolving business priorities
- Troubleshoot and resolve any software performance issues Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Maintain expert-level understanding of all Zendesk enhancements and releases
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross functional alignment as we build and scale
- Support a culture of continuous improvement to continually raise the bar of execution
- Liaise with Zendesk helpdesk to resolve technical issues
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of system or application administration and 2+ years of Zendesk administration experience
- Working knowledge of Developer tools including Zendesk SDK and APIs
- Proven ability to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to solve practical business problems
- Proven project management, multitasking & prioritization skills
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast-paced environmentHighest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
Nice to Haves
- Product development knowledge
- Tech startup experience
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description