Operations Manager at HopSkipDrive
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As an Operations Manager you will be the driving force behind building the supply of CareDrivers in key markets. You will collaborate with leaders across the team to develop the vision and strategy for CareDriver outreach, onboarding and activation in your markets and manage a team of Associates to bring it to life and meet aggressive goals. As a key leader on the New Supply team, you will also support the Head of New Supply with a range of strategic initiatives to meet company goals. This role in based in Los Angeles.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and manage a constantly evolving driver activation funnel, in every phase from signup to orientation to activation, with drivers new to HopSkipDrive and reactivating drivers who have churned.
- Collaborate with department leadership on ambitious targets for your markets to meet our growing demand from schools and families and break them down into tactical objectives and milestones for yourself and for your team.
- Highlight areas for operational improvement and innovate upon existing processes
- Research and continually refine tactics for strengthening competitive advantage.
- Operate in a highly fluid environment, think creatively, structure problems analytically, prioritize rigorously, and use data to drive decisions.
- Hire, onboard, develop, manage and support a team of in-market Associates with a commitment to top talent, professional development and transparent leadership.
- Be a “player-coach” - manage a team while also contributing to execution directly.
- Lead special projects for the New Supply team yet to be defined.
Who You Are
- An A+ player who is building a challenging and rewarding career.
- 3-5+ years experience driving superior results in high-pressure, fast-paced environment. Start-up experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen with a proven ability to create order out of chaos, distill problems and opportunities down to their essence, establish KPIs and project timelines and deliver against them.
- An entrepreneurial mindset; you are equally comfortable operating as an individual contributor and as a team leader, contributing to strategy as executing tactically. No strategic challenge is too big for you and no task is too small for you.
- Exceptional project management skills, including an ability to take inputs from a variety of sources, including data analysis, deliver on time, engage stakeholders, and maintain up-to-date documentation.
- A skilled people manager with a demonstrated capacity to coach, manage and develop highly talented and motivated teammates across geographies.
- An ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external partners effectively, exert influence and lead difficult conversations when necessary to keep a project on track
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes.
- Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities, thrive on solving challenging problems and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Proficiency in the full range of Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite required. Advanced Excel preferred.
What You Will Get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.