Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Lead a team of operations professionals to reliably move LTL freight for our customers (shippers) and grow our fleet of virtual carriers (drivers).
- Continually identify and implement strategies that allow us to increase efficiency while simultaneously over-delivering on our customers’ expectations.
- Lead a team to recruit new drivers onto our platform, onboard them, and make them raving fans of NEXT Trucking.
- Hire, train, and develop a high-performing team.
- Instill a discipline of making data-oriented decisions among our operations team.
- Be relentless in making sure our customers are satisfied and view us as their preferred partner for moving freight.
What you'll need to be successful
- A minimum of 4 years in a managerial operations role at a fast-growing environment.
- Experience developing and preparing budgets and actively participating in financial reviews for your team.
- Has led high-performing teams. Can recruit, develop, and motivate superior talent.
- Successfully work to reach company goal in an environment where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Results-oriented, and able to work under pressure to deliver.
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve their personal and team goals.
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge established thinking with new ideas and approaches to solving problems.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year university is highly preferred.
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process. NEXT was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Apple, Idealab, Kareo and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.