Operations Manager - Government Relations
Operations Manager - Government Relations
Weedmaps’ Government Relations and Policy team is looking for a process focused, highly-driven and experienced full-time Operations/Campaign Director to provide leadership on project management, team coordination, management reporting and continuous process improvement. While government relations experience is preferred, this position would be suitable for a candidate with deep management consulting experience to apply those skills to a novel area.
Primary duties of this position include:
- Helping enable the mission of the Weedmaps GR team to develop innovative and groundbreaking strategies to efficiently drive message delivery to legislators and utilize software and technology to create cost-efficient, scalable methods to conduct government relations.
- Working closely with our VP of Operations and President to help facilitate cross-coordination on GR efforts with other departments such as Sales, Operations and Marketing.
- Helping our VP of Government Relations and project managers more effectively measure results and outcome on GR effort and track progress against quarterly and annual OKR’s.
- Ensuring execution of key initiatives including broad county and city engagement and clear reporting to senior stakeholders on progress and strategy
- Spearheading efforts to develop better methods for tracking engagement and policy movement across state and local levels. This may include working with development team to tighten specifications for custom in-house software to accomplish these needs.
- Working with staff to track legislative and regulatory activity and help ensure that outside lobbyists are meeting targeted goals.
- Providing strategic project management and lobbying initiative coordination for activities in key jurisdictions at the state local and federal level. Exceptional organization and project management experience in a campaign, efficiency driven organization or complex project setting.
- Working with VP of GR to identify leverageable strategies for expanding reach of GR platform, including coordination with product and operations on policy website and other key initiatives.
- Serving as primary driver for evolution of project management, reporting, OKR tracking and efficiency improvements within department.
- Report to and assist the President and Vice President of Government Relations with:
- Managing and overseeing project managers across projects to ensure timelines are met and management receives reporting updates
- Implementing best practices in management reporting, campaign budgeting and
- Driving improvement in measuring and tracking lobbyist deliverables
- Developing innovative solutions for driving legislative changes and grassroots activation via the use of technology to create scale
- Explore the development of custom software or customized tools to boost departmental efficiency
- Establishment and oversight of contact and relation tracking tool suite
- Overseeing research team and project managers to organize data to support Weedmaps state and local initiatives
- Serve as point person for all internal government relations matters across the company. Act as the coordinator and liaison between the GR department and sales, marketing, product, operations and other internal departments from cross-departmental efforts
- Periodic travel to company offices to review and assess progress on GR efforts and work to train and develop the GR team;
- Consult with Weedmaps’ senior leadership to inform and support business planning processes and proactively raise and address issues of concern
- Set and meet measurable objectives and departmental KPI’s/OKR’s and manage internal staff on goal delivery
- Develop innovative strategies to track GR team effort and present to management and team members
- BA/BS required; Masters, MBA or related degree preferred
- At least 7 years of strong experience in project management, management consulting, business process optimization or designing continuous improvement processes
- Experience with project management practices, campaign organization and use of PM tools such as JIRA, Trello or Pivotal preferred
- Preference for experience with regulatory and political advocacy with experience as chief of staff or lead campaign manager
- Strong presentation and writing skills, and strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint) and G suite
- Experience with CRM platforms and/or developing reporting packages and visualization tools a plus
- Ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize many tasks and communicate effectively
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- A self-starting, metrics-driven mentality with the ability to work autonomously
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Read Full Job Description