At Chef’d we believe great food creates memories, enhances moments, and nurtures the soul. Our mission is to enrich lives through culinary adventure with our hand-cultivated, meticulously curated, delicious experiences. Chef’d is the only subscription-free meal marketplace allowing you to discover new foods the way you want—no strings attached. We have over 1500 recipes from some of the best names in food—celebrity chefs, major brands, and culinary influencers.
We're a team filled with chef's, culinary writers, data scientists, marketing/sales experts, production associates and more - all committed to playing our hearts out. We follow through with our goals, move fast, and take risks. The industry is growing and we're at the forefront of innovation and personalization.
Chef'd, a venture-backed, series-B company, is beginning to experience high growth as we scale our operations to new markets and distribution channels. There are plenty of areas where we can innovate and optimize.
The Operations Manager will oversee and lead all operations within the Chef’d facility. Warehouse fulfillment, kitting and production, and inventory will all fall under the Operations Manager’s responsibility. The position will understand all roles in the warehouse and adjust personnel based on demand of shipping load on a given day. Leadership is critical for this role. Duties will also include other warehouse projects as necessary, which includes but not limited to; down stocking, picking, packing, box building and cleaning. This position will also help develop & improve operational process for new partners/programs at Chef’d.
To succeed at Chef’d, you must be energetic, highly organized, and hardworking. You should have a passion for food, the ability to create exceptional customer experiences, and work well in environments that are constantly changing. We’re a fast growing company revolutionizing the online grocery experience.
- Oversee three primary operational teams at Chef’d: Warehouse Fulfillment, Production, & Inventory
- Manage the facility and be responsible for the floor
- Fulfillment operations-- picking, packing, receiving
- Production-- portioning, kitting
- Inventory-cycle counting, downstocking, set-ups
- Process improvement & documentation
- Training and development
- Operations management of 20+ person team
- Pick/Pack and production line experience
- Food manufacturing experience
- Training process development
- eCommerce fulfillment required
- Netsuite experience a plus
- WMS and ERP
- Food Handlers Certification
- OSHA 10 hour Certification
Founded in 2014, Chef'd is Headquartered in El Segundo, CA with production facilities in El Segundo, CA, Brooklyn, NY, and Pico Rivera, CA. Chef'd offers competitive compensation packages including full medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, pet insurance, and discounts on meal kits!