Operations Director - Marketplaces
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories. We are looking for an Operations Director - Marketplaces to manage our Customer Support team and Logistics network from our Santa Monica, CA office.
The Operations Director - Marketplaces will ensure that we provide exceptional service to our artist community and our customers. Our Marketplaces encompass Saatchi Art, Deny Designs, and Society6.
You’ll Report To: VP, Operations - Marketplaces
A typical day as a Operations Director - Marketplaces might include:
- Managing our D2C and B2B customer support teams and enhancing our visibility to thevoice of our customers and artists.
- Working closely with our artist management, wholesale sales and vendor operations teamsto develop policies, processes and KPIS in line with our brand expectations.
- Solving customer service order management and delivery issues and demonstrating apassion for delivering a world-class customer experience through effective logisticsmanagement
- Analyzing and modifying shipping methods, zones and lanes to minimize shipping costsand transit times
- Managing 3rd party marketplace logistics and shipping cost requirements, and acting as apoint of contact for escalation and queries related to shipping activity
- Supporting the development and application of cost models, rate card and shipping laneanalyses
- Actively engaging with shipping carriers to build strong partnerships and development ofoptimal service offerings
- Reviewing and auditing carrier invoices for accuracy and payment approval
Typical projects might include:
- Researching and analyzing carrier service offerings to determine best-in-class delivery methods for our global customers, including collection of customs, duties and taxes
- Benchmarking rate information versus historic pricing and versus competition. Modeling different scenarios in terms of impact on cost and performance, making recommendations, and supporting leadership in making carrier and logistics decisions
- Evaluating new carriers and services in order to develop and maintain world-class delivery methods in line with logistics strategy
- Preparing and supporting carrier negotiations
- Analyzing, developing and implementing strategic processes that assess and consider industry best practices, competitive landscape and artist/customer expectations.
You’ll be successful if you have the ability to optimize our logistics network by improving our shipping costs and service levels. Also, your success is tied to being driven to proactively improve our customer experience via enhancing our post-purchase touch points (order tracking visibility, transit time improvements and order status communication). Lastly, you are able to assess, prioritize and enhance logistics and operational tasks/projects by proactively working with department leads and the leadership team.
What You Have:
- 7+ years running a customer support team with both internal and external (outsourced) staff. Bonus points if you have experience in ecommerce/D2C and wholesale/B2B accounts.
- 10+ years global transportation, logistics, operations, or supply chain industry experience, preferably in a high growth e-commerce or marketplace company
- 7+ years experience partnering with major shipment carriers, both in small parcel and freight shipments
- 5 + years experience performing cost/benefit analysis, analyzing risk/reward trade offs, and making decisions in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge of international shipping and delivery processes, including cross border logistics
- Working knowledge and familiarity with B2C, D2C and wholesale shipping methods. E-commerce, retail and wholesale experience, knowledge and expertise preferred
- Clear focus on customer first and service quality/excellence
- Passion for proactively driving change and working in dynamic environment
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups) and analytical skills with a data-driven approach to strategy and execution
- Strong troubleshooting, analysis and solution assessment skills. Ability to assess and resolve situational problems in a timely manner
- High accountability mentality with exceptional follow-through-to-completion skills
- A positive, proactive, “how can we make it happen” mindset
- Ability to identify challenges and provide quick, yet thorough analyses and implementation of solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of comfort/ability to work independently and keep momentum on projects and department priorities
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.