Interested in the gig? Here is a bit about what you'll do:
- Own the maintenance and organization of license renewal dates, health plan appointments, and state compliance dates.
- Participate in Special Projects that will help uncover new and different verticals within the health insurance industry.
- Proactively search for, review, and comprehend state legislation that could affect customers’ health insurance and our processes.
- Own key enrollment processes (major medical, dental, vision) and understand the enrollment pathways like the back of your own hand.
- Contact insurance companies for customer inquiries as well as appointment tasks.
- Research and analyze insurance opportunities in each state.
- Proactively raise, manage and resolve challenges.
- Quickly learn and keep up with health insurance terms, and political climate.
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are (and are not) trying to do.
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- Extraordinarily organized, process-driven, and patient work-style.
- Ability to take large amounts of data information and organize it in a way that is simple and easy to understand and consume.
- Proficiency in data analytics with background in excel pivot tables, macros, and formulas.
- Almost neuroticly detail-oriented.
- Natural love for generating simple solutions from complex problems.
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgement calls independently.
- Ability to focus in a dynamic work environment and thrive while responding to unexpected and highly sensitive challenges.
- Tech savvy-ness: aptitude in Mac OS, proficient in basic office software tools (Google Spreadsheets & Docs), beginner in SQL.
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off