XPRIZE competitions change the world for the better by accelerating innovation life cycles, catalyzing markets, and energizing stakeholders.
The XPRIZE Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to inspiring and incentivizing breakthroughs to the most critical challenges facing humanity. Since its beginning in 1994, the Foundation has been building and continues to build a vision of hope and abundance for humanity’s future by harnessing the power of innovators, technology, and resources.
Through incentive prize competitions, XPRIZE enables people to create bold and transformative solutions that are scalable and drive real impact. XPRIZE competitions positively impact both the marketplace and humanity by addressing the market failures that have prevented significant breakthroughs across multiple sectors.
sets an audacious but achievable goal that aims to overcome challenges deemed impossible. It tackles some of humanity's most pressing issues by redefining what is achievable and pushing the boundaries of human potential.
defines and addresses a clear problem through extensive research, a design sprint, and a competition that catalyzes the development of the next breakthroughs to put humanity on the path toward a preferred future state for all. The desired outcome from an XPRIZE is clear and measurable, and the rules of the competition are transparent and easily understood.
democratizes innovation by encouraging expert and nonexpert participation and multidisciplinary collaboration.
catalyzes markets and revitalizes stagnant industries by increasing awareness of market failures and accelerating innovations to address them.
is highly leveraged, with competing teams attracting and mobilizing investment capital, partner support, and new members in pursuit of the prize. Philanthropic dollars are thus magnified in support of a solution.
Our first XPRIZE, the $10 million Ansari XPRIZE for private spaceflight, spurred an industry and created exponential breakthroughs. Since then we have provided over $140 million in incentives through these competitions. Each prize has created an industry-changing technology that brings us closer to a better, safer, more sustainable world.
The use of incentive competitions, or prizes, to accelerate innovation goes back over 300 years, to when the British Admiralty launched the Longitude Prize in 1714 to find a better way to navigate our seas. In the years since, several well-known innovations have resulted from incentive competitions, including canning as a form of food preservation (a competition launched by Napoleon in 1795), modern plastics (the Billiard Ball Prize, 1863) and commercial aviation (the Orteig Prize, 1919).
This is more than a job to us. When you work at XPRIZE, you’re making a positive impact on some of the biggest challenges facing our world. Whether you’re working in prize design or development, marketing and communications, stakeholder relations, business operations or any other department, you’re playing a critical role in turning the impossible into the possible.
The Office Coordinator is an extension of the People & Culture Department and will be responsible for the seamless operation of the front desk and for the administrative support of day-to-day People & Culture operations.
- Answer phones, greet guests in a friendly, professional and hospitable manner, set up visitors in appropriate meeting rooms and assist with providing prompts before meetings.
- Maintain conference rooms including wiping white boards and restocking room supplies.
- Kitchen Management
- Keep kitchen sinks clean and dishes organized including loading, running and unloading dishwashers as needed daily.
- Restock kitchen supplies twice daily or as needed.
- Clean counters and tables twice daily.
- Notify janitorial staff for facility maintenance.
- Order snacks weekly for Monday delivery.
- Prepare Coffee in the morning and maintain coffee equipment including cleaning equipment.
- Maintain records for kitchen equipment maintenance or service dates.
- Organize refrigerator daily, including placing dates on open containers for food safety.
- Clean staff refrigerator every two weeks.
- Office Supply and Mail Room Management
- Place order for office supplies weekly and provide Front Desk Associate receipts for tracking.
- Distribute mail daily.
- Track packages through delivery numbers spreadsheet and deliver twice daily.
- Prepare shipments for Fed-Ex and other couriers.
- Organize stock in supply room.
- Maintain office vendor relationships when appropriate.
- Organize supplies in conference rooms.
- Organize, order and maintain copy paper for all three copiers.
- Event Support
- Confirm furniture needs and move furniture as instructed for internal office events and prepare in advance of event.
- Return furniture to regular settings no more than 24 hours following the event.
- Confirm if additional hours will need to be worked due to an internal event and request approval for OT in advance of working the hours.
- Track use of banners and assist in shipping banners to events.
- Assist with freight elevator access and instruct vendors on delivery procedures and building COI requirements.
- Run errands as needed.
- Order, pick up, and deliver lunches for meetings as needed.
- People & Culture Support
- Create Onboarding Schedules for new hires
- Prepare folders needed for new hire paperwork
- Organize SWAG bags for new hires
- Greet new employee, help them to find their seating arrangement, give facility tour of office and safety escape routes
- Provide parking and building access cards
- Set up desk for new hires, including setting it up with basic office supplies, cleaning and organizing
- Plans and coordinate employee events
- Responsible for sending sympathy/congratulations flowers/gifts to employees
- Responsible for reconciling the departments corporate credit card
- Work with Talent Acquisition to schedule interviews for candidates and other basic talent acquisition functions
- Work with executive assistants to coordinate interview times
- Employee and Department file maintenance.
- Assists employees with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Posts job postings as needed
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status as a backup.
- Assists the manager with HR projects.
- Assists with benefits administration.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- At least two years’ experience working as an Office Coordinator/Admin
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. daily.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Associate degree preferred).
- Professional appearance, tone and mannerisms.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- High attention to detail and ability to perform consistently.
- Strong organizational skills and follow up communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic internet related skills such as online ordering, searches, and simple data collection.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
- Entry level HR experience.
- Event management experience.
- Rigorous time management.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to see projects through to completion, completes tasks independently, solve roadblocks and escalates issues to manager to address issues before they become problems.
- Collaborative approach; appreciation and enjoyment of working as part of a team
- Ability to thrive and think creatively and calmly in highly fluid situations and under intense schedules, pressure & deadlines.
- Prioritization skills; ability to multi-task and take direction from multiple sources.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to develop projects, completes tasks on time, solves roadblocks and address issues before they become problems.
- The individual we seek will be highly adaptable to ever changing priorities and have extensive experience dealing effectively with a variety of personalities while maintaining an approachable demeanor.
- Collaborative approach and appreciation/enjoyment working as part of a team.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and aggressive attention to detail.
- Rigorous time management.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Personable, professional and calm demeanor.
- Even keeled, patient, and accustomed to working with dynamic personalities
- Patience, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- Incredible interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
- Natural curiosity.
- Belief that a small group of motivated individuals can truly change the world for the better.
- Willingness to think and act creatively.
- Have initiative to ask for additional work when appropriate.
Come change the world with us.
XPRIZE Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having a truly inclusive workforce. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or on the basis of actual or perceived gender as expressed through dress, appearance, or behavior.