Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Bird is passionate about solving last mile transportation. Our product gets people out of the cars and where they need to go, all while having fun and using renewable energy. Our business is multi faceted and requires managing & scaling cloud services, complex technical operations such as fleet management, provisioning tools, and more. We are developing from the ground up a global platform to meet today and tomorrow's transportation needs. Help us build, scale and operate our platform to ensure that we are a service that our customers can count on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
- Be a member of a team who is responsible the monitoring and improvement of Bird services
- Facilitate communication between mission teams during incidents
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the rest of the NOC team
- Develop runbooks and automation tools for dealing with common issues and requests
- Interface with mission teams to learn and discover their key performance KPIs, and create dashboards and visualization tools to track them
- Strong technical fundamentals. You’re a recent CS grad or have 1-2 years of equivalent experience under your belt operating in a highly technical environment.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You are responsible for gathering updates from the appropriate parties during incidents and disseminating that information out to internal and external stakeholders.
- Command-line proficiency. You know your way around a BASH shell and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves with Powershell.
- Scripting capabilities. You’ve written scripts in one or more languages (Bash, PS, Python, etc.) to help automate tasks (Be sure to include anything you’ve published on GitHub with your application).
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services. You understand the difference between an AMI, IAM and an ALB.
- Experience building eye-catching and informative dashboards with visualization tools such as Grafana, Kibana and CloudWatch
- Experience with configuring and administering time-series visualization databases, such as Elasticsearch or InfluxDB
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description