NOC Analyst at Boingo Wireless
Boingo Wireless is searching for a talented, full time, Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst to join our Operations Team. The Boingo NOC is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and first-line response to issues impacting the quality and performance of Boingo’s global Wi-Fi and DAS carrier services network, core provisioning/authentication infrastructure and worldwide footprint of over 600K hotspots. The right candidate will bring years of professional experience in a 24/7 NOC environment utilizing industry standard tools, diagnostics, communication, issue tracking and documentation for fault detection, response and resolution to meet or exceed SLAs.
This role is an overnight shift (9pm-6am) Tuesday through Saturday.
- Leverage industry standard tools, experience and proactive testing to monitor the availability and performance of server infrastructure and networks.
- Respond to alerts, inbound email/voice calls and fault detection with event classification, prioritization, triage, communication, diagnostics, documentation and escalation, as needed
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair network quality and outage issues remotely; Escalate to Production Engineering as necessary.
- Create, update and route trouble tickets as needed using trouble ticketing system in response to issues detected. Track ticket status to resolution and close out documentation
- Adhere to response and resolution timelines to ensure quarterly network performance and uptime goals/objectives.
- Create and update Shift Reports and Turnovers. Participate in the turnover process with outgoing and incoming shift teams.
- Maintain network performance standards throughout venue lifecycle through coordination with Systems Engineering and Production Field Engineering Teams for alert/event resolution, threshold definitions, trend analysis and proactive maintenance.
- Implement device configuration updates and execute scripted configuration changes on the production network
- Coordinate on site break/fix dispatches with third party vendors. Monitors dispatches to ensure they are completed within SLA parameters and assist w/ statement of work to be performed on site
- Recommend, design and implement procedures/systems/tools/practices to optimize Network Break/Fix and Quality Operations
- Participate in change management and change release process to include change request processing, approval collection, coordination at UAT
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all network, issue and process documentation through utilization of internal collaboration tools
- 3-5 years work experience in Tier 3 or Support Engineering Network Operations role preferably in a service provider environment preferred
- One of the following two knowledge bases:
- Minimum 3 years work experience with LAN/WAN IP networks, routing/switching technologies/protocols and Wi-Fi access networks
- Minimum 3 years experience with Linux support/administration, server health monitoring, application monitoring, diagnostics and basic shell scripting
- Strong understanding of RADIUS, DNS, firewall, packet captures, VM, IPSec, TCP/IP, VLAN, WLAN, VPN and Wi-Fi protocols and technologies
- Demonstrated experience in Cisco or comparable hardware device configuration, backup and change management
- Ability to analyze application or device logs and packet traces for issue diagnosis
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable chunks for fault diagnostics and root cause analysis
- CCNA highly preferred
- Experience with at least one access controller platform: Mikrotik RouterOS Hotspot, Colubris, Nomadix, Cisco ISG etc. highly preferred
- Strong understanding of several industry standard monitoring tools (Tivoli Netcool, Cacti, Splunk, Cisco NCS/WCS, Aruba Airwave etc)
- Must be able to generate and analyze reports in Excel w/ intermediate understanding of advanced Excel functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor both externally and internally with meticulous attention to detail and accountability
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems in a fast paced environment w/ dynamic priorities
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science / Information Technology preferred
- Flexible work hours a must. Potential for regular night shifts, weekends and on call scenarios
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge.
We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever. Your health and safety, and that of our employees is also important. We conduct video interviews, and practice public health recommendations of the CDC and local authorities.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love.