At Boingo, our product is Wireless Network Service, so our NOC is at the heart of what we do. As our NOC Analyst, you’ll work in our beautiful headquarters – named as one of “5 swanky offices you wouldn’t mind going to every day,” by BuiltinLA. You’ll monitor and maintain our worldwide footprint of over 700K hotspots, using the latest technology to respond to issues impacting the performance of Boingo’s global Wi-Fi and DAS carrier services network. You’ll play a key role in maintaining our core provisioning/authentication infrastructure. Additionally, this position will also share IT Support responsibilities with our team of IT Techs. While there’s a lot to do, you’re still welcome to play pool or video games with other Boingoites in the Boingo Tavern, or take a break and enjoy a snack in the Boingo café. We have a great track record of developing and promoting our NOC Analysts onto our System or Network Engineering team. We rotate holiday coverage, so you won’t be stuck here on holidays, just because you’ll be the new kid on the block.
If you’re ready to keep our systems up and running for our half a billion users, then read on!
What does the job entail?
- Leverage industry standard tools, experience and proactive testing to monitor the availability and performance of server infrastructure and networks.
- Respond to alerts, inbound email/voice calls and fault detection with event classification, prioritization, triage, communication, diagnostics, documentation and escalation as needed.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair network and systems quality and outage issues remotely; Escalate to Production Engineering as necessary.
- Create, update and route trouble tickets as needed using trouble ticketing system in response to issues detected. Track ticket status to resolution and close out documentation.
- Adhere to response and resolution timelines to ensure quarterly network performance and uptime goals/objectives.
- Create and update Shift Reports and Turnovers. Participate in the turnover process with outgoing and incoming shift teams.
- Maintain network performance standards throughout venue lifecycle through coordination with Systems Engineering and Production Field Engineering Teams for alert/event resolution, threshold definitions, trend analysis and proactive maintenance.
- Coordinate onsite break/fix dispatches with third party vendors. Monitors dispatches to ensure they’re completed within SLA parameters and assist w/ statement of work to be performed on site.
Have what it takes?
- 3+ years’ work experience in Tier 3 or Support Engineering Network Operations role preferably in a 24/7service provider or carrier environment
- Strong understanding of RADIUS, DNS, firewall, packet captures, VM, IPSec, TCP/IP, VLAN, WLAN, VPN and Wi-Fi protocols and technologies
- Cisco or comparable vendor certifications with 1-2 years’ experience with associated WLAN/LAN hardware highly preferred
- Experience with at least one access controller platform: Mikrotik RouterOS Hotspot, Colubris, Nomadix, Cisco ISG etc. highly preferred
- Strong understanding of several industry standard monitoring tools (PagerDuty, Splunk, Orion, Cisco NCS/WCS, Aruba Airwave etc.)
- Able to generate and analyze reports in Excel w/ intermediate understanding of advanced Excel functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science / Information Technology preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Work with a talented, expert team, creating something that lasts, having fun along the way.
- Competitive pay: base + bonus + Restricted Stock Units (RSU’s)
- Health, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k), including employer match
- Contribution toward your gym membership
- Help buying a wireless device
- Amazing colleagues and a great work space
- Snacks, on-site massage, yoga, lunch, Monday bagels
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.