- Assign loads and monitor freight movement to provide safe, on-time service
- Route trucks and schedule day to day operations for up to 40 trucks
- Negotiate rates with carrier partners to achieve acceptable or above target profitability numbers.
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce issues that come with last minute schedule changes
- Develop backhaul lanes for our customers and drivers.
- Keep track of trucks via an online tracking system.
- Ensure that all load tenders by shippers are covered.
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- 2 year of OTR Truckload dispatch and tracking experience
- Must be willing to work night shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and sold customers and drivers issues in a polite and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Possess a strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
NEXT Trucking is a venture-backed company boldly taking on the challenge of digitizing the $450B freight trucking industry. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers engage and communicate by creating an on-demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real-time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process. NEXT Trucking was founded by Lidia Yan and Elton Chung with over 20 + years of experience in logistics and technology. We have raised over $21M led by Sequoia Capital. We have assembled a team with experience from companies such as C.H. Robinson, Werner, Apple, Idealab, Kareo, and GoFundMe. Come join us as we innovate the transportation industry.