Network Engineer at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
We’re looking for someone who can maintain the company’s state of the art corporate and industrial control network operations including Palo Alto NGFW’s, Cisco & Aruba switches, Security cameras & access control, ELK, PRTG and Wi-FI 6, Industrial switches from Cisco, CTC, etc. Take ticket escalations from Service Desk for network related incidents. Performs a variety of daily duties to allow continuous operation of company facilities, equipment and operation. Contributes to the ongoing break/fix Wiki, knowledge base and lessons learned. Documents network equipment using Visio and Confluence. Perform network security audits. Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports. Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs. Highly self-motivated and self-directed with a keen attention to detail. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or a minimum of two years equivalent work experience.
- A current CCNA or other equivalent network certification
- Must have an excellent grasp on network monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of a range of network diagnostic utilities.
- Deep wireless knowledge including RF channels, interference, throughput, RADIUS
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
- Fluent English language skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Additional industry certification(s)
- Security +
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave